Farty's Ten Rules Of Blogging

I've just had this brilliant and totally original idea. And anyone who says otherwise can sue me.


  1. Keep it short. Or at least interesting. Nobody wants to hear about your 1,000 favourite cheeses, trust me on this.

  2. Never blog while pissed. Or pissed off. There's this "save as draft" option, I never remember to use it till it's too late.

  3. Oh, but never, ever delete a post. That is so annoying.

  4. Keep it funny. This is my advice to you. I am naturally funny, but you should work on it. Except, well, you know who you are.


  5. Don't take yourself too seriously.

  6. Comments are indeed bliss. Sometimes they're better than the original post (don't even think about it, John).

  7. A picture paints a thousand words. Choose them carefully.
    Supper With Stella

  8. Don't worry that you've got "nothing to write about". That's what memes are for. I mean this in a good way.

  9. Don't take everything personally. Bollocks. It's your blog. Web-log. Online journal. Diary. How much more personal can it get, FFS? If you're posting comments in someone else's blog, remember what goes around, comes around. So be nice.

  10. Window dressing. It's up to you. Tired Dad is just as funny as BOSSY; they just look different. It's content that matters.

  11. Everything is permitted. Nothing is true.