Oscars: Worst

My general feelings on the Oscars this year: boring and safe. It's like everyone knew Angelina was going to whip out the leg so they all thought "ah, why bother?"

Image c/o Vulture
Emma Stone in Giambattista Valli with jewelry by Louis Vuitton. I like this dress and I LOVE Emma. However, she is on my worst dressed list because I'm  just so disappointed with her.  Emma usually takes crazy chances and this dress is just not very interesting. Also, it looks like the bow is trying to smother her. However, I have decided to totally forgive her because of how charming she was with Ben Stiller. I actually laughed out loud twice. How delightful would it be if Emma and Zoe Deschenel  made a movie together? Make it happen.




Image c/o Vulture
Meryl Streep in a Lanvin gown with Salvatore Ferragamo sandals. Its looks like she walked into Fabricland, grabbed the shiniest material she could find and then belted it. I get that she's Meryl Streep and people would give her an award for wearing a bathrobe but would it kill her to try just a little? 

Image c/o Vulture

Kristen Wiig in J. Mendel with Neil Lane jewelry. On the plus side her hair looks great. On the down side she is wearing nude. AGAIN. A "nude moment" should happen only once every three months. Lipstick is also necessary.

Image c/o Vulture
Jessica Chastain in Alexander McQueen. Like Kristen, Jessica was sporting some wicked tresses.  I understand why this is nice but I just don't like it. I can't help it. I think I'm just bored with another baroque Alexander McQueen dress.

Image c/o Vulture
Again, I feel like I should like this but I don't. Honestly I think I expected her to be another Hailee Steinfeld. We were spoiled with Hailee. I will love the Miu Miu dress she wore to the SAG Awards forever. I also think Hailee's globe dress was a better example of this look.

I sound like Kris yelling at Khloe for not being enough like Kim.

Shailene Woodley in Valentino with Harry Winston jewels.

Image c/o Vulture
Anna Faris is super cute and surprisingly good in House Bunny. People always overlook House Bunny. Anyways, she is married to Chris Pratt and that gives her major likeability points. This is why it pains me to say that this dress makes Anna look 15 years older. That is not the look you want for the Oscars or ever for that matter. The dress was definitely April Ludgate's idea. 

Anna Faris in Diane Von Furstenberg.

Image c/o Vulture

Sandra Bullock in Marchesa.You need to be really tall to pull this off. Even then, I am not sure I would like this.

Image c/o Vulture

Viola Davis in Vera Wang. I definitely liked the darker hair better. The combination of the sheen, the lighter colour and the fabric makes this feel very bridesmaid to me. I think she should have gone for a darker green, especially with the new hair colour.

Image c/o Vulture

Cameron Diaz in Gucci. The hair seems to be looking better. The dress fits nice, but it looks like she is wearing a dirty waterfall. 

Image c/o Vulture

Sarah Hyland in Alberta Ferretti. That little strap bothers me. I can't stop staring at it. If something that small can annoy me so much, the dress really isn't saying much.