So Nipples Are Making A Comeback...

So far 2012 has brought us Kim and Kanye, primary elections that were simultaneously hilarious and pathetic to watch and a whole lot of nipple. By this I mean that lately celebrities have been casually rocking extremely 'nude' looks. I know skin is always in, but shit's gotten weird.

Shall we recap?

First on our roster, Erin Wasson:

Image c/o Go Fug Yourself
Here we have Erin who was at an event hosted by InStyle for the Golden Globes.

Next up, Rihanna:

I have shown you this before, but it is worth repeating: Rihanna wore this to dinner. Well I have always said that Italian restaurants could use more pixelated boob.

And here's Adrienne Bailon ready for a casual night out in Vegas: 


Ya. That is vagina. The dress is also hideous. It's like she wanted to show her vagina, have a giant curtain of silk pinned to her vagina and have that curtain of silk also look like a vagina. I think someone may enjoy vagina. Also, the word vagina has now lost all meaning to me.

Finally, we have Melody Thornton who was once a member of the Pussycat Dolls.

Image c/o Go Fug Yourself.
Apparently Melody was sick of people only focusing on her pussy past, so she decided to draw everyone's attention to a region a little north of the border.

What is wrong with the world? I am seriously disturbed.

I also don't think that I'm being a prude about this either. I am after all, the person who saw this outfit and thought: "I wonder if I can pull this off." Decision? I couldn't.


It is important to note that Xtina wore this outfit to the VMAs. At the VMA's you expect Lil Kim to show up in pasties. The events the other celebrities in this post were attending are legitimate functions that usually involve clothing.  It also bothers me that with the exception of Rihanna, these girls otherwise appear to be attempting to look sophisticated. Christina on the other hand is clearly going for a really raunchy "dirrrty" look

The Justin / Britney denim duo outfit offended me less.

Editors Note: I apologize for all the references from 2000-2003, I am feeling particularly nostalgic today.