I Am So Over Beyonce


 I understand why people like Beyonce. She is very pretty, she seems nice and she makes good music. What I don't understand is why people always refer to her as a "role model."This is a tweet from first lady, Michelle Obama:


Why is Beyonce such a great role model? I will give credit where credit is due: She has avoided a lot of the pitfalls attached to fame,  like drug use and not wearing underwear and she carries herself with poise and class. However, loads of other celebrities can claim the same: Reese Witherspoon, Gwyneth Paltrow, Taylor Swift, Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer Hudson, Natalie Portman etc. What irritates me is that people act like Beyonce spends her weekends saving children from burning orphanages when all she has actually done is get married and have a baby. 65% of the population has accomplished that and have done so without Beyonce's millions of dollars.

I also cant think of one time Beyonce has stood up for a cause that everyone wasn't 100% behind. For example, Lady Gaga is an avid supporter of gay rights even though a lot of people (wrongly in my opinion) disagree with her. Rihanna went through that whole Chris Brown ordeal. I was disappointed with the fact that she recorded a song with him, but I was impressed with how she stuck up for her right to deal with it in her own way. To me, role models are individuals like Rihanna and Lady Gaga who stand up for what they believe even if it means alienating some of the population. I just want Beyonce to have an opinion about anything.

Finally can everyone stop acting like Blu Ivy is the new Suri Cruise. Because she is not. Please stop trying to make Blu happen!