Best: Oscar Dress

The Academy Awards are around the corner. In honour of the momentous occasion I have collected a sampling of my favourite Oscar dresses. Also sorry for any grammatical/spelling errors, I have had a bit too much wine tonight...

Michelle Williams 2006 in Vera Wang.  This is my favourite dress ever. If I was blonde I would wear this colour combo all of the time. As much as I love this dress I always tear up about Heath Ledger. Also, did anyone ever figure out that Mary-Kate connection?





I know, I KNOW. I realize this looks like a prom dress you could purchase from Fairweather, but I love it. Gweyneth Paltrow was nominated for Shakespeare in Love and as Rachel Zoe says, every girl needs her princess moment. This was Ralph Lauren in 1999. I remember this so well. In other news, I am so OLD. 


Mila Kunis in Elie Saab at the 2011 Oscars. This is just so pretty. Plus, I love Mila Kunis, she is seriously adorable. Youtube the video of her speaking Russian at a press conference for Friends With Benefits. Also, my lovely sister Rebecca made a good point about Friends With Benefits: Natalie Portman and Mila both made Black Swan together when they were both filming Friends With Benefits/ No Strings Attached. Did they not discuss how they were both making the exact same movie? Baffles the mind. Both movies are good though. I recommend.


Zoe Saldana in a Givenchy dress in 2010. Everybody hated this dress. I loved it. If anyone can pull this off it's Zoe. Isn't that a wonderful reason to wear something? Oh you look terrible in this, but I look fantastic so I will wear it, Ha!



Gisele Bundchen in Christian Dior at the 2005 Oscars. Only a supermodel can make a white sack look good. I wish Leo and her got together. Also, Leo stopped being good-looking after Titanic. Why does he still get ridiculously hot girls?

Image c/o Usmagazine
Anne Hathaway in Armani Prive at the the 2009 Oscars. Rachel did well here.



Jessica Alba in Versace at the 2006 Oscars. I like this dress because of Jennifer Lopez's Love Don't Cost A Thing video. If anyone ever wears gold with tan skin I approve. To this day if I get a tan I am always tempted to wear gold eyeshadow. Sue me.




Cate Blanchett in Givenchy Haute Couture in 2011. The beading and colour on this is wonderful.


I hated this dress, but remember when Whitney Port fell down the stairs in it?