Merkan-English Dictionary #13

For some reason I thought I might be running out of material by now. (Don't you wish!)

Lemonade


Self-explanatory, really. Without doing any actual research, since that would be too much like hard work, I'd have to say that British lemonade, as sold in bottles, has never been near an actual lemon. It's fizzy, and sweet, slightly bitter, and that's about it.

Not to be confused with Merkan Cream Soda, which is even sweeter but without the bitter edge. I've never tried Merkan Cream Soda as sold in Merka, but something tells me it ain't the same.

LemonadeMerkan lemonade appears to be some weird concoction made from yellow fruit and cane sugar. What is that all about?


Oh. And British soda is a cooking ingredient.Baking Soda

Are there any more Merkan/English words which you find confusing? Do let me know and I'll try to splain for you!

Toot toot!